I am a scrapbooker and as a scrapbooker I LOVE pictures. love to take them, hoard them, edit them, and of coarse scrap them. So a few years ago when Disney came out with its Photopass system I was one very happy woman. Finally a way to have our entire group in the picture together. However, I always wished there was a way to add ride photos to it, for as much as a picture hoarder I am I could never bring myself to pay $14.95 for a picture (though I did try many times to take a picture of the picture without much success).
This year Disney listened and released the Photopass Plus! An upgraded Photopass that allows you to add selected ride and meal photos to your account. It will also come with a number of ‘stock’ photo’s or the park and Characters.
You can purchase it (at a discount) before you leave or upon arrival at the parks. Disneyland $69.95 Pre Purchase $99.95 at the park. Participating attractions/character dining Disneyland Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Radiator Springs Racers, California Screamin, Goofy’s Kitchen, Ariel’s Grotto Mickey’s Surf’s Up Breakfast, and Minnie’s Plaza Inn.
Disney World $149 Pre Purchase $199.95 at the park. Participating attractions/character dining Disney World: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, 1900 Park Fare, ‘Ohana (breakfast only), Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Chef Mickey’s, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Tusker House (breakfast only), Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, and Princess Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. You will receive a special Photopass card to present at the picture counters following a ride and at your Character Meals.
Here are the super secret hard to find links to pre-order, well they aren’t secret but they are hard to find.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm Disney World Pre Order Link
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/dlrppp.htm Disneyland Pre Order Link
Is it worth it? I get that question a lot, and the answer to this one is YES!!! The plus will pay for itself with a few ride photos. Other perks we noticed with the pass the photographers would spend more time with us, often maxing out the number of pictures they could take, and were more apt to do Magic Shots. For those that don’t know, a Magic Shot is where the photographer will insert a little something extra to the shot. When you are taking it you may feel kind of silly but its worth it.
Here are my tips for making the most of any Photopass…
- Pre Purchase at least 14 days prior to travel
- Take advantage of every photographer you find
- Ask for Magic Shots
- Take a picture of the back of all photopass cards in case they get lost
- Have your card ready when approaching characters, that way the photographer gets the approach
- Visit during special times of the year
- Have fun with the photographer, they will work with you more and give you some great shots
- Wait your turn, if there is a ‘line’ respect it and don’t cut. We noticed the photographers would only do 1 or 2 pics for guests who cut
- Don’t hog the photographer, if there are 10 of you not everyone needs 5 or 6 poses (seriously had this last time)
- Edit, edit, edit when you get home. Crop, add borders, and signatures.
And today we learned that the Photopass Plus can be added to your Disney World Travel Package! Fingers crossed Dinseyland will follow shortly.
Happy picture taking, and drop me a line if you are ready to plan your own Disney vacation email@example.com.